Our Site and Services are targeted to parents. The Site and Services are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Site or Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site and the Services.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Site, Services (including Membership) and Products to you. We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily when you register with us, become a Member and/or order Products. To create an “Account” with a user name, we require that you provide certain Personal Information, including your name and email address.
You are not required to have an Account to place an order for Products, but you are required to have an Account to become a Member. Payments on the Site may be processed by our service providers who collect your credit card information directly, and we will not have access to or see your credit card information as part of such transaction. We also collect other types of Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily as you use the Site or if you contact us via e-mail regarding the Site or Products.
If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
If you choose to use our “Refer a Friend” feature, we will ask for your friends’ email address. We will send your friend a one time email inviting them to visit the Site. We do not store this information or use it for any other purpose other than to fulfill send the email at your request and to validate participation in our Refer a Friend program.
Information We Collect via Technology.
As you use the Site or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
• Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
• Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This includes some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information to:
• Administer your Account;
• Provide you with Services and customer support;
• Market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
• Tailor the content and features of the Site or Services to you;
• Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
• Communicate with you about the Site and the Services.
We also use your Personal Information to contact you and provide you with information that may be useful or interesting to you. By using the Site, you agree to receive this information from us. If you do not want us to send you emails or otherwise contact you, you can always opt out of receiving certain communications by following the instructions we provide to you when we contact you or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still send you Site and Services related communications such as purchase receipts and reminders to complete purchased courses.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose certain Personal Information:
• Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer you, including our payment processors.
We may disclose Anonymous Information without restriction.
ACCESSING AND CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
You may correct and update information we collect from you by logging onto the Site and accessing your Account. If you change and/or request changes to your information, subsequent uses or disclosures of that information by us will reflect those changes, however, we do not have the ability to update any information previously disclosed to any third party. We will correct any inaccuracies in any Personal Information that we have in our possession once notified of the requested change. We try to process these requested changes as soon as is possible, but it may take up to thirty (30) days to make requested changes.
THIRD PARTY SITES