• Measuring spoons
• Parchment paper
• Small bowl
• Baking sheet
kids kitchen skills:
• Baking in parchment
• Making a sauce
Try this easy healthy recipe for dinner tonight. The salmon is made with a lemon ginger sauce—and it's mess free! Bake it in parchment, then toss the paper for easy clean up.
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 4 lemon slices
1. Preheat the oven to 350*. In a small bowl, mix together the ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and sesame oil.
2. Lay out four squares of parchment paper on your countertop. Center one salmon fillet on each piece of parchment paper. Top each fillet with a tablespoon of the sauce and a slice of lemon. Fold the edges of the paper over several times to seal the salmon into a parchment paper envelope. Place the sealed packets onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake the salmon until it is opaque and slightly flaky, about 20 to 25 minutes.
4. To serve, place each packet onto a separate plate. Carefully cut open the paper when you're ready to eat. Pass the remaining sauce or extra soy sauce at the table.
Makes 4 Servings