Personalized pancakes Directions
• measuring spoons & cups
• 2 mixing bowls (1 small & 1 large)
• griddle or frying pan
kids kitchen skills:
• cracking eggs
• cooking on a griddle
Order’s up! Turn your kitchen into a breakfast cafe—and make personalized pancakes for everyone at the table. This recipe is almost as easy to make as the store-bought pancake mix, but it’s better for you and more fun to mix up. Try making letters, numbers, or shapes.
• 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• Maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, mix the two kinds of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and melted butter.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir until mixed.
4. A grown-up can help heat a griddle or frying pan over medium-high. Melt a small pat of butter in the pan.
5. Pour the batter into fun shapes or letters. Draw them by drizzling batter on the griddle with a spoon. Or put the batter into a plastic bag, snip off a corner, and squeeze out the letters and shapes. Cook the pancakes until you see small bubbles. Then flip and cook the second side.
6. Serve with maple syrup!
Makes 4 servings