• cutting board & knife
• measuring spoons & cups
• garlic press
• mixing bowl or food processor
kids kitchen skills:
• using a knife
• creative presentation
When your kids are looking for a snack-activity before the big feast, let them get creative by assembling a turkey crudite. Make the spinach dip a day in advance to limit the kitchen activity on Turkey Day.
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• Salt and black pepper
• Veggie turkey dippers (such as bell peppers, cucumbers, asparagus, carrots, celery, black olives)
1. Place the thawed spinach in a colander. Squeeze out the excess liquid. Then place it into a mixing bowl or a food processor.
2. Mix the spinach, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in the bowl (or in a food processor) until smooth.
3. Cut and arrange the veggie dippers in a turkey shape. Add a bowl of the spinach dip to the plate for the turkey face. Then add a pepper beak and olive eyes.
Makes 10 Servings