In Spanish, “agua fresca” means “fresh” or “cool water.” Made from a blend of water, sugar, and fresh fruit or cereals, agua fresca drinks are very popular in Mexico and come in a range of flavors.
This simple Watermelon Agua Fresca recipe requires only three ingredients. Juicy watermelon, tangy lime, and sweet sugar make a thrilling and refreshing combination in this easy kid-pleaser.
Watermelon Agua Fresca Directions
• chopping board
kids kitchen skills:
• removing seeds
Grown-up steps and notes
• 1 quarter cut or 1 mini watermelon (4 cups diced)
• 1 lime
• 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Cut off rind and de-seed watermelon then place chunks in a blender.
2. Add the juice of 1 lime and sugar.
3. Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
4. Serve over ice and garnish with orange or lime!