Avocado Toast Directions
• toaster oven, toaster, or pan
• small bowl
• citrus squeezer (optional)
• measuring spoons (optional)
kids kitchen skills:
Grown-up steps and notes
Add kids’ favorite veggie for a delish breakfast or snack!
• 2 slices bread
• 1 large avocado, ripe
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
• ⅛ black pepper (or to taste)
1. Toast the bread in the oven, toaster, or in a pan.
Slice open and scoop out the avocado. To take out the seed, insert the middle edge of the knife into the seed, and twist the knife.
3. Place the avocado in a small bowl and smash with a fork. Cut a quarter of the lemon, and squeeze with a citrus squeezer or by hand.
*Combine avocado with lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Put on toasted bread.
5. Add sliced tomatoes, sliced hard-boiled egg, cut bacon, or any fresh herbs as optional toppings!
Makes 2 Toasts