Caprese Sandwich Directions
• paring knife
• cutting board
kids kitchen skills:
• making sandwiches
When tomatoes and basil are in season, make this simple sandwich on a French baguette. Enjoy!
• 1 to 2 tomatoes
• Small bunch fresh basil
• 1 baguette (long loaf of French bread)
• Olive oil
1. A grown-up can help slice the mozzarella cheese and tomatoes into thin rounds.
2. Pull the basil leaves off the stems with your hands.
3. A grown-up can help cut the baguette in half the long way. Drizzle olive oil on both halves of the bread. Then layer the cheese slices, tomatoes, and basil leaves on top of one half. Sprinkle with a little salt.
4. Put the other baguette half on top to make a long sandwich. Cut it into smaller sandwiches and serve.
Makes 4 Servings