• parchment paper
• baking sheet
• knife & cutting board
• microwave-safe bowl
• food processor
• measuring cups & spoons
kids kitchen skills:
• using a food processor
• using a microwave oven
Skip the traditional pizza crust and try this cauliflower crust instead. It's gluten-free and a great way to eat up your veggies. Plus, cauliflower is loaded with vitamins and minerals (especially vitamin C!).
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup plain yogurt
• 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon basil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1/2 cup marinara or pizza sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 425*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets. Place them into a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower looks a little like rice. Measure 4 cups of the cauliflower and place it in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 8 minutes.
3. Remove the bowl from microwave. Stir in the eggs, yogurt, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, oregano, basil, crushed garlic, and salt. Place the bowl back in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Spoon the cauliflower onto the parchment paper. Pat it into a rectangle (for the pizza crust). Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Spread the hot crust with marinara or pizza sauce and the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes. Slice it up and enjoy!
Makes 4 Servings