There’s something satisfying about tossing in a whole head of cauliflower to roast in the oven! Serve this impressive (and surprisingly easy) side dish in steak slices, or dig in with a fork and knife for a hearty vegetarian meal.
• 1 whole head of fresh cauliflower • 2 tablespoons olive oil • ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste • 3 tablespoons butter • fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Turn the cauliflower upside down to cut out the stem and remove the leaves, being careful not to break the cauliflower florets. Then wash and dry well.
3. Place the cauliflower head in a dutch oven or oven-proof skillet. Generously drizzle or brush with olive oil, and add ¼ teaspoon of salt to evenly coat.
4. Cover the cauliflower in the dutch oven (or tent it with foil in an ovenproof skillet) and roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes. The timing depends on the size of your cauliflower, but the knife should poke through easily.
5. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and add fresh parsley. Brush over roasted cauliflower while it’s still hot. Slice and serve!