• measuring cups & spoons
kids kitchen skills:
• operating a blender
Craving a chocolate frappé? Try this better-for-you recipe! Chocolate syrup, which is often used in traditional frappés, has high fructose corn syrup. This recipe uses 100% cocoa powder. Chocolate sprinkles are also processed and this drink is garnished with real chocolate bar shavings.
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 2 cups all-natural vanilla ice cream
• Chocolate bar, frozen
• Whipped cream
• Mint leaves
1. Measure and pour the milk into the blender. Add the cocoa powder.
2. Blend the milk and cocoa for about 1 minute.
3. Scoop the ice cream into the blender. Blend it up for about 2 minutes until it's nice and frothy.
4. Make a garnish for the glass. First, grate the frozen chocolate bar and place the shavings on a small plate. Then, pour a bit of the shake into another small plate. Dip the rim into the shake, then dip it into the shavings.
5. Pour the frappé into glasses. Top with whipped cream, a mint leaf, and a few extra chocolate shavings. Mmm . . . enjoy!
Makes 2 to 4 Servings