• measuring spoons
• butter knife
• paring knife
• veggie peeler (see Summer Sips Kit)
• platter or large plate
kids kitchen skills:
• making sandwiches
Looking for a fancy finger food for a tea party? Serve up a platter of these classic sandwiches
• About 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or softened cream cheese
• pinch of salt
• 6 slices very thin white bread
• 6 slices very thin wheat bread
1. A grown-up can help peel the cucumbers. Slice them into thin rounds.
2. Spread the bread with a little mayonnaise or softened cream cheese (your choice!).
3. Place the cucumbers on half of the bread slices. Sprinkle the cukes with a little salt. Top with the remaining bread slices to make sandwiches.
4. A grown-up can help cut off the crusts. Cut the sandwiches into triangles and arrange on a platter or plate
Makes 4 Servings