• measuring cups and spoons
• mixing bowl
• microwave-safe bowl
• baking sheet
kids kitchen skills:
• using a microwave
These no-bake snacks taste a lot like chewy granola bars. Pop them in your mouth for a quick pick-me-up.
• 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, optional
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or melted butter)
• 1 tablespoon applesauce
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together the oats, dried cranberries or raisins, cinnamon, and sunflower seeds.
2. In a separate microwave-safe bowl, place the honey, coconut oil, and applesauce. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave for 10 seconds more at a time until completely melted.
3. Add the honey mixture to the oat mixture. Stir well for about 5 minutes. Let the mixture cool until it can be easily formed into a ball. If it's too sticky, refrigerate for about 10 minutes or add more oats, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it holds together.
4. Butter your hands, then roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place them on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until they harden, then store in an air tight container in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.
Makes 4 Servings