Kidstir’s mission is to educate, engage, and empower kids about good food and cooking! We offer a subscription service for monthly, home-delivered kits that provide hands-on food adventures for children while spending meaningful time with their families. Our products have been lauded by Food Network, Parents, NY Times, LA Times, CoolMomPicks, Grandparents.com, Dr. Toy, AblePlay.org, and more.
We’re looking for highly-driven, passionate, go-getters to join our growing team. This is a special opportunity to be involved in a fast growing start-up in its early stages. You can make a big impact in an exciting, entrepreneurial environment. You will have core design and social media responsibilities but also learn about and contribute to all aspects of the business, including strategy, product development, and marketing.
Kidstir has an immediate need for a Graphic Design & Social Media Associate based in the Brentwood area of West Los Angeles. The Associate will be responsible for shooting photographs and videos, illustrating, and designing content for our kits, website and marketing. The Associate will also manage Kidstir’s social media presence. You will ensure that our brand has a kid and family friendly look, feel, tone, and voice that is cohesive across all channels.
Who Are You?
- Startup mentality: scrappy, comfortable with ambiguity and change, biased toward action
- A motivated individual with a track record of success
- Highly creative with excellent conceptualization skills
- Detail oriented with ability to execute projections to completion
- Organized, with impeccable adherence to schedules and deadlines
- Ability to jump in and roll up your sleeves to push through solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
What You Will Do:
- Concept and create vibrant and compelling visuals for company materials
- Handle photography and videography for the company
- Retouch photos and edit videos
- Create illustrations for design projects
- Plan and execute social media content strategy to drive brand engagement
- Support marketing, product development, and leadership teams with key initiatives
What You Will Need:
- BS/BA degree with a focus on design
- 1-2 years of work experience during or after college
- Experience using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Familiarity in creating mechanicals for print production: Packaging InDesign files and preparing print ready PDFs
- Willingness to learn software platforms such as Mailchimp and Canva
This position will begin as a contracted 1099 employee in 2019.
Please apply here.