Ice Cream in a Bag
• 1 quart-size sealable plastic bag
• 1 gallon-size sealable plastic bag
• measuring cups & spoons
kids kitchen skills:
• making ice cream
If you don't have an ice cream maker, try mixing up your own frozen treat in a bag! All you need is a little cream, sugar, vanilla, and ice. Shake away!
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Ice cubes
• 1/2 cup salt (Kosher or rock salt)
1. Measure the cream, sugar, and vanilla extract into the quart-size bag. Zip it up tightly.
2. Fill the gallon-size bag with ice. Add the salt. Put the sealed smaller bag inside. Now zip up the larger bag.
3. Shake and shake the bags to make ice cream! It will take about 5 minutes until the cream hardens.
4. Take the smaller bag out of the larger one. Eat the ice cream right out of the bag!
Makes Serves 2