There are thousands of cooking sets available online or at retail stores, but the vast majority are oriented toward adults learning how to cook. Unfortunately, these sets are usually not suitable for young children. The recipes are often too complex and may even involve tasks that are not safe for kids. Fortunately, if you’re in the market for a real kids cooking set, you have plenty of options at Kidstir.
But if you’ve never purchased a kids cooking kit or cooking set before, you probably have a few questions. For instance, what benefits do cooking sets offer kids? What’s the difference between a cooking kit and a cooking set? How do you know if a cooking set is age-appropriate for your children? Do cooking sets include safe cooking utensils for kids? Finally, where can you get high-quality cooking sets sent directly to your home?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, but first, let’s look at what you can expect when you open a cooking set for kids.
What’s In A Kids Cooking Set?
The exact tools, ingredients, recipes, and additional items you will find in a kids cooking set vary from one provider to the next. But first, it is important to differentiate cooking sets from cooking kits. For some people, the difference might be pure semantics. However, if you want to make sure you’re getting the right product, understanding industry lingo is key.
Generally speaking, a cooking kit is a package containing one or more recipes, along with some ingredients and materials to make them. For example, a Thanksgiving cooking kit for kids might include a few recipes for classic Thanksgiving dishes, themed games and activities, as well as a grocery list for ingredients. In any case, this is an example of a single-use cooking kit that can help kids cook one meal or snack at a time.
Alternatively, a kids cooking set is designed to prepare children to cook a wide variety of meals with the right tools and recipes. For example, you might find a cooking set that includes dozens of cooking tools for kids, from baking pans to measuring cups to help get your kids started off on the right foot in the kitchen.
So what’s the difference between a cooking set for kids and adults? In most cases, a cooking set for adults will have tools and utensils that are designed for use by adults. This might include sharp kitchen knives and other tools that are not very “kid friendly.” Alternatively, kids cooking utensils are often decorated with fun colors and designs. More importantly, they are smaller and easier to use for kids of varying ages. Finally, a good kids cooking set will not include tools that are dangerous for children to use with proper supervision.
Benefits of Cooking Sets For Kids
There are tons of benefits associated with young kids and teens learning how to cook. Not only is cooking a great life skill, but it is also a good way to help open young minds to the world around them. So, here are just a few of the benefits of cooking sets for kids:
- Learning the Basics – If you were to drop anyone in the middle of a kitchen with ingredients and no sense of direction, they would likely feel very overwhelmed. This is especially true for children. A cooking set provides kids with the essentials they need to learn the basics of cooking and, over time, nurture and improve their skills in the kitchen.
- Feeding Curiosity – Kids are often very curious about the world around them. As a parent, you want to feed their curiosity in a way that is safe and beneficial to them. The kitchen is one of the best places to let kids explore and learn in a productive way.
- Encouraging Creativity – A cooking set is specifically designed to give kids the basic tools and information they need to start cooking, but how your kids use a cooking set is completely up to them. This encourages children to get creative in the kitchen, learn from their mistakes, and experiment in new and interesting ways.
- Discovering New Foods & Flavors – Many children find one or two foods that they like and then refuse to eat anything else. Not only does this deprive them of many great meals, but it also deprives them of a well-balanced diet. Fortunately, a kids cooking set can help kids try out new foods to expand their palates and (hopefully) their repertoire of favorite meals!
- Learning About Different Cultures – It’s not always easy to get kids excited to learn about different countries and cultures. However, food is one of the easiest gateways to the rest of the world, encouraging kids to learn how people eat across the globe. A cooking set can help kids satiate their thirst for knowledge and introduce them to new cultures on a daily basis.
- Staying Safe in the Kitchen – As previously mentioned, kids cooking sets are specifically designed for kids. This means that they only include safe kids cooking utensils. Additionally, using cooking utensils for kids helps encourage good safety practices in the kitchen for the long term.
- Having Fun – Finally, kids always want to have fun in the kitchen. A cooking set with the right cooking tools for kids allows your children to develop a hobby on their own terms. They have the tools and the recipes; all you have to do is sit back and watch them have fun while they learn!
The Kidstir Deluxe Kids Cooking & Baking Gift Set
If you’re interested in getting all the best kids cooking tools in one place, you can’t go wrong with Kidstir’s Deluxe Kids Cooking & Baking Gift Set. This 32-piece set has a number of fun tools and accessories, including a cutting board, whisk, rolling pin, veggie peeler, measuring cups, measuring spoons, tongs, a kid-safe knife, a kid-size apron, and much more! Plus, you don’t just get cooking utensils for kids in your kids cooking set. You also get an easy-to-use carrying case for all of your tools and 12 kid-friendly cooking and baking recipes. This means you get a real cooking set designed to be safe and 100% kid-friendly!
However, we understand if you want even more tools to help your child thrive in the kitchen. For this reason, we also offer tons of kid-friendly cooking supplies that you can order directly from our website. These can range from kids cookbooks to kid-safe knifes — and everything in between! So, whether you just want to order specific items for your kid or tools to supplement the Deluxe Cooking & Baking Set, Kidstir has you covered.
If you’re worried that our cooking sets and cooking supplies won’t work for your child, don’t stress. We design our products to work with a wide range of ages, from preschoolers to young adolescents. So, no matter the age or cooking abilities of your child, they are bound to have fun and learn with a cooking set from Kidstir!
We hope you enjoyed our guide on cooking sets for kids! Do you want to learn even more about acquiring a high-quality kids cooking set for your family? If so, be sure to reach out to Kidstir today!