Add kids’ favorite veggie for a delish breakfast or snack!
- 2 slices bread
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ black pepper (or to taste)
Kids kitchen skills:
- toaster oven, toaster, or pan
- small bowl
- citrus squeezer (optional)
- measuring spoons (optional)
- Toast the bread in the oven, toaster, or in a pan.
- Slice open and scoop out the avocado. To take out the seed, insert the middle edge of the knife into the seed, and twist the knife.
- Place the avocado in a small bowl and smash with a fork. Cut a quarter of the lemon, and squeeze with a citrus squeezer or by hand.
- *Combine avocado with lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Put on toasted bread.
- Add sliced tomatoes, sliced hard-boiled egg, cut bacon, or any fresh herbs as optional toppings!