There’s something satisfying about tossing in a whole head of cauliflower to roast in the oven! Serve this impressive (and surprisingly easy) side dish in steak slices, or dig in with a fork and knife for a hearty vegetarian meal.
3 to 4 Servings
- 1 whole head of fresh cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- fresh parsley
Kids kitchen skills:
- measuring cups & spoons
- dutch oven or ovenproof skillet
- basting brush
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Turn the cauliflower upside down to cut out the stem and remove the leaves, being careful not to break the cauliflower florets. Then wash and dry well.
- Place the cauliflower head in a dutch oven or oven-proof skillet. Generously drizzle or brush with olive oil, and add ¼ teaspoon of salt to evenly coat.
- Cover the cauliflower in the dutch oven (or tent it with foil in an ovenproof skillet) and roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes. The timing depends on the size of your cauliflower, but the knife should poke through easily.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and add fresh parsley. Brush over roasted cauliflower while it’s still hot. Slice and serve!