Try this easy healthy recipe for dinner tonight. The Baked Salmon for Kids is made with a lemon ginger sauce—and it's mess-free! Bake it in parchment, then toss the paper for easy clean-up.
Baked Salmon for Kids
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 lemon slices
Kids kitchen skills:
- baking in parchment
- making a sauce
- measuring spoons
- parchment paper
- small bowl
- baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 350*. In a small bowl, mix together the ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and sesame oil.
- Lay out four squares of parchment paper on your countertop. Center one salmon fillet on each piece of parchment paper. Top each fillet with a tablespoon of the sauce and a slice of lemon. Fold the edges of the paper over several times to seal the salmon into a parchment paper envelope. Place the sealed packets onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the salmon until it is opaque and slightly flaky, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- To serve, place each packet onto a separate plate. Carefully cut open the paper when you're ready to eat. Pass the remaining sauce or extra soy sauce at the table.