For father's day, give dear old dad a bbq rub—and make him a steak!
1 Small Jar of Barbecue Rub
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 10-ounce strip or rib eye steak
Kids kitchen skills:
- making a rub
- measuring cups & spoons
- sticker label
- Whisk together the brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon it in a jar with a lid. Add a sticker label that says "Dad's BBQ Rub."
- To use the rub, place the steak on a dinner plate. Spoon on the spice mix and rub it into the meat with the back side of the spoon. Repeat on the other side.
- A grown-up can help grill the steak. First, heat the grill, then grill the steak for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.