- 15 ounces black beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ small green onion
- 2 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ⅔ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt & ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
Kids kitchen skills:
- making patties
- mixing bowls & stirring spoon
- masher or fork
- knife & cutting board
- Place beans in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Finely mince bell pepper, onion and garlic. Chop green onion and scallions. Remove any excess water using a strainer. Add to the bowl with the black beans along with all spices. Stir to combine.
- Add beaten egg and mix. Stir in breadcrumbs. Use your hands to shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Add oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side. Assemble with your favorite buns and burger toppings.