Who doesn’t love appetizers?! These vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Bites combine fresh veggie florets with a perfectly sweet and salty batter to make a delicious, healthier version of this classic party food. Whisk up some Saucy Sauce for a little spice — and dig in!
- Saucy Sauce:
- ½ cup hot pepper sauce (or buffalo wing sauce)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- Cauliflower Bites:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup oat milk (or other creamy non-dairy milk)
- 1 head of cauliflower
Kids kitchen skills:
- measuring cups & spoons
- small pot & whisk
- large bowl & spatula
- baking sheet & parchment paper
- oven mitts & basting brush
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while whisking for about 5-10 minutes. Turn off heat, and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and milk. Stir until well combined.
- Break the head of the cauliflower into small 1 ½-inch florets. Add the florets to the batter, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Place the battered florets on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven. Set the broiler on high.
- Carefully brush the cauliflower bites with the sauce and broil for another 5- 10 minutes, checking that they don't burn.