Skip the traditional pizza crust and try this cauliflower crust instead. It's gluten-free and a great way to eat up your veggies. Plus, cauliflower is loaded with vitamins and minerals (especially vitamin C!).
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup marinara or pizza sauce
Kids kitchen skills:
- using a food processor
- using a microwave oven
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- knife & cutting board
- microwave-safe bowl
- food processor
- measuring cups & spoons
- Preheat the oven to 425*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the cauliflower into florets. Place them into a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower looks a little like rice. Measure 4 cups of the cauliflower and place it in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 8 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from microwave. Stir in the eggs, yogurt, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, oregano, basil, crushed garlic, and salt. Place the bowl back in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the cauliflower onto the parchment paper. Pat it into a rectangle (for the pizza crust). Bake for 20 minutes.
- Spread the hot crust with marinara or pizza sauce and the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes. Slice it up and enjoy!