Which one is better: cookies or cake? Now you don’t have to choose! This colorful, fluffy Cookie Cake has the best of both worlds — a light airy texture and rich cookie flavor! A rainbow of sprinkles and M&Ms makes this eye-popping dessert perfect for a party. Invite your friends and share the love!
Makes 16-20 squares
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (3.4 ounces)
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M’s
Kids kitchen skills:
- measuring cups & spoons
- large mixing bowl
- whisk or hand mixer
- 9x13 baking sheet & oven mitts
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Line the baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter with the sugars until creamy. Then add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and vanilla pudding mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the M&M’s.
- Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan.
- Bake the cookie cake for 15-20 minutes or until the cake is golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares to serve!