4 corn on the cob
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1½ tablespoons chives, minced
- 1½ tablespoons thyme, minced
- 1½ tablespoons parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Kids kitchen skills:
- making compound butter
- large pot with lid
- mixing bowl & stirring spoon
- paper towels
- Bring a large pot with water to a boil over high heat.
- Carefully add the corn to the boiling water. Turn off and let the corn sit for 10 minutes, with lid on.
- For the herb butter, add room temperature butter, herbs, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a bowl and mix to combine. Refrigerate until the corn is ready.
- Drain the corn and pat dry. Spread herb butter all over.