This delicious, swirly Raspberry Mango Lemonade is as breathtaking as the Milky Way on a clear summer night! Homemade simple syrup adds a colorful twist to this classic refreshment, and the fresh mango juice gives it a far-out flavor. Serve it at your next outdoor picnic or party, and get ready for some ooh’s and ahh’s!
Makes 1 pitcher
- Raspberry simple syrup:
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Lemonade base:
- 3 cups lemonade
- 1 cup mango juice or purée
- Frozen or fresh raspberries (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
Kids kitchen skills:
- creative presentation
- small pot
- small airtight container
- In a small pot begin making the raspberry simple syrup. Bring the water, raspberries, lemon juice, and sugar to boil over medium-high heat. Stir, and simmer for about 5 minutes, turn off heat and let it cool completely.
- Strain the simple syrup into an airtight container.
- Fill the bottom ¼ of a pitcher with ice cubes.
- Pour in the lemonade and mango juice.
- Add raspberries and lemon wedges (if using) and stir to combine.
- Add more ice cubes to individual cups, and slowly pour in 2 tablespoons of raspberry simple syrup, staying close to the side of the cup.
- Slowly fill the rest of the cup with the lemonade, and stir gently. Watch the magic happen, and drink up! (You can use the extra syrup as a topping for ice cream, pancakes, and more!)