These cheese fingers are the perfect spooky surprise! Use different colors for pretty manicured nails, or ketchup for a “crime scene."
- 12 string cheese sticks
- 1 ounce (¼ cup) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 green or red bell pepper
Kids kitchen skills:
- use of a knife
- creative presentation
- paring knife
- cutting board
- butter knife
- Cut each cheese string stick in half. On the uncut side, carve a small area where the fingernail will go.
- Press the dull back of a butter knife into the cheese to make “knuckle lines.”
- Slice bell pepper and remove seeds. Then slice into thin strips and cut out nails or claws.
- Dab a small amount of cream cheese into the “nail bed.” Set your bell pepper nail on cheese finger, and repeat until done.