For a fancy French breakfast, serve up some crepes for kids! The batter for these thin pancakes can be mixed up in a blender in a flash. Roll them up with fresh berries and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Classic Berry Crepes for Kids Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- confectioners' sugar
- maple syrup (optional)
Kids kitchen skills:
- using a blender
- cooking at the stove
- using a spatula
- measuring cups & spoons
- frying pan
- Place the milk, eggs, melted butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, and flour into a blender. Blend until the batter is smooth.
- Melt a small of pat of butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan. Turn the pan from side to side to make an even circle.
- Cook the crepe for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Then flip it over with a spatula and cook the other side for 1 to 2 more minutes. Continue making the crepes until all the batter is used up.
- Place a crepe on a plate and add a handful of berries to the center. Roll it up and sprinkle with a little confectioners' sugar. Drizzle with a little maple syrup, if you'd like.