Looking for Finger Sandwiches for Kids for a tea party? Serve up a platter of these classic sandwiches
- 2 cucumbers
- About 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or softened cream cheese
- pinch of salt
- 6 slices very thin white bread
- 6 slices very thin wheat bread
Kids kitchen skills:
- making sandwiches
- measuring spoons
- butter knife
- paring knife
- veggie peeler (see Summer Sips Kit)
- platter or large plate
- A grown-up can help peel the cucumbers. Slice them into thin rounds.
- Spread the bread with a little mayonnaise or softened cream cheese (your choice!).
- Place the cucumbers on half of the bread slices. Sprinkle the cukes with a little salt. Top with the remaining bread slices to make sandwiches.
- A grown-up can help cut off the crusts. Cut the sandwiches into triangles and arrange on a platter or plate