Surprise your family with a fun weekend breakfast: an egg in a hole. This twist on the classic is made with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Enjoying this protein-packed breakfast together is a sweet way to start your day!
- 1 piece of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper
Kids kitchen skills:
- using a cookie cutter
- cooking at the stove
- using a spatula
- frying pan
- heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Place the bread on a cutting board. Cut out a heart shape using a cookie cutter.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the bread and the heart shape piece of bread into the frying pan and toast lightly for a few minutes.
- Flip the bread, then carefully crack the egg into the center. Flip the heart shape piece of bread, too, so it toasts on the other side.
- Cover the pan and cook the egg for a few minutes, or until it's cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and serve with salt and pepper.