- 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1½ tablespoons garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 3½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt & ¼ teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
Kids kitchen skills:
- using a food processor
- measuring cups & spoons
- food processor or masher
- sheet pan
- pot & spatula
- plate & paper towels
- Using a food processor or a masher, combine all ingredients except the oil. Blend until combined and a paste forms.
- Scoop out the chickpea mix with a spoon or your hand, and make about a 2-inch wide compact ball. Place on a sheet pan and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- To a pot, pour oil until it’s 1-inch high in the pot. Turn on medium-high heat and allow the oil to warm up for a few minutes.
- Carefully add the falafels, avoiding overcrowding the pot. Cook 1-2 minutes, moving the falafel balls around with a spatula until browned. Line a plate with a paper towel and transfer the falafel to drain. Enjoy with tzatziki and pita bread!