Need to get your kids to eat their greens? Try mixing up this Green Dragon drink that’s packed with iron-rich baby spinach. It’s so creamy and tasty, the kids won’t even realize they’re eating spinach.
2 or 3 Servings
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup milk, plus more if needed
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
Kids kitchen skills:
- operating a blender
- measuring cup
- ice popper molds
- Peel the banana and place it in the blender.
- Add the milk, yogurt, and spinach leaves.
- A grown-up can help younger kids blend the smoothie together until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Give it a taste test. If you’d like it sweeter, add a little honey. Blend again.
- Pour into glasses and drink right away. Or, pour into pop molds and freeze overnight.