Looking for a high-protein, dairy-free snack? Help your kids make this Middle Eastern recipe. Explain that the chick peas in this dip are high in protein and keep us growing strong!
4 to 6 servings
- 15.5-ounce can chick peas
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup tahini paste*
- 1 large cucumber
Kids kitchen skills:
- slicing veggies
- using a food processor
- presenting food creatively
- food processor
- measuring spoons and cups
- knife and cutting board
- Rinse the chickpeas in a colander in the sink.
- A grown-up should chop the garlic in the food processor. Then, add the chickpeas, salt, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water, and the tahini paste.
- Press the buttons and process the hummus until smooth and creamy. Give it a taste test. If you’d like more lemon juice, water, or salt, add some and process again.
- Cut the cucumbers into diagonal slices with the help of a grown-up.
- Spoon the hummus into a small bowl. Set it in the center of a plate. Arrange cucumbers petals around it to make a flower.