Take butter to a new level by whipping up your own with lemon zest and fresh herbs. Pair with toast, rice, meat, or any other dish you love to cook with butter!
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Kids kitchen skills:
- knife skills
- use of herbs
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowl
- plastic wrap
- Place your butter in a bowl, then add all herbs, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
- Transfer the mixture onto a rectangle piece of plastic wrap. Use your spatula to shape the butter into a log. Wrap up the log and roll to smooth out the sides. Twist the ends of the wrap to seal.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the butter becomes firm again.