- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon fresh herb of choice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- toppings: ½ tablespoon herb of choice, ½ tablespoon grated Parmesan
Kids kitchen skills:
- making dough
- using oven
- measuring cups & spoons
- rolling pin
- pastry brush
- sharp knife or pizza cutter
- 2 baking dishes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, mix flour, cheese, herb, sugar, salt, and pepper. Gradually add oil and water until a soft, sticky dough forms. Add a little more water if there's extra flour.
- Divide the dough into two halves and let them rest uncovered for 5 minutes. On a floured surface, roll the slabs of dough into rectangles ⅛ inch thick.
- Brush the surface very lightly with water and sprinkle with additional herbs and grated cheese. Slice into 2-inch squares.
- Sprinkle baking dishes lightly with flour. Transfer crackers and prick each with a fork to prevent them from puffing.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely so the crackers continue to get crisp.