Ever wonder what's in ketchup? Make it from scratch and find out! This all-natural recipe can be mixed up in a flash.
Homemade Ketchup (Catsup) Recipe
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic or onion powder (or 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Kids kitchen skills:
- opening cans
- can opener
- large bowl
- measuring spoons
- A grown-up can help open the cans of tomato sauce and paste. Pour them into a large bowl.
- Add the honey, onion or garlic powder, and salt. Whisk it all together until smooth.
- Serve it right away or store it in the refrigertor in a sealed jar for up to 1 week.