If you don't have an ice cream maker, try mixing up your own frozen treat in a bag! All you need is a little cream, sugar, vanilla, and ice. Shake away!
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup salt (Kosher or rock salt)
Kids kitchen skills:
- making ice cream
- 1 quart-size sealable plastic bag
- 1 gallon-size sealable plastic bag
- measuring cups & spoons
- Measure the cream, sugar, and vanilla extract into the quart-size bag. Zip it up tightly.
- Fill the gallon-size bag with ice. Add the salt. Put the sealed smaller bag inside. Now zip up the larger bag.
- Shake and shake the bags to make ice cream! It will take about 5 minutes until the cream hardens.
- Take the smaller bag out of the larger one. Eat the ice cream right out of the bag!