Wrap “bandages” around your hot dog to make your own mummy! Although these ones aren’t so scary, only delicious!
- 10 hot dogs
- 1 can crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg
Kids kitchen skills:
- twisting dough
- oven safety
- cutting board
- cookie sheet
- small bowl
- pastry brush
- Follow the package opening instructions and unroll dough into a rectangle shape. Slice into squares, then ¼″ strips lengthwise.
- Make a slit on each side of the hot dog and at the bottom to form the mummy’s arms and legs. Wrap with dough strips, leaving space open where the eyes would be.
- Halfway through, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Make an egg wash: Crack an egg and beat. Take a small amount of beaten yolk, and add a splash of water.
- Place mummies on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush them with the egg wash.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let mummies cool. Draw the eyes of the mummy using ketchup or mustard.