Can’t decide between pancakes or oats this morning? Have the best of both worlds!
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 10 teaspoons butter
Kids kitchen skills:
- blender or food processor
- spatula or whisk
- measuring spoons
- Grind oats in a blender or food processor until it is fine as flour. Make sure there are no oat bits left. Grind oats in a blender or food processor until it is fine as flour. Make sure there are no oat bits left.
- Combine oat flour, regular flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add buttermilk.
- Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture. Stop mixing as soon as everything is combined.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add butter and pour the pancake mixture. Cook until bubbles on the batter stop rising to the surface of the pancake, about 3-4 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until the center of the pancake feels slightly set from the middle when pressed, about 2 minutes.
- Plate and top with your favorite fruit!