These simple frozen peanut butter–and-banana sandwiches make a delicious snack or healthy dessert. Pair protein-rich peanut butter with ripe bananas and let the freezer work its magic!
Frozen “Sushi” Rolls
- 2 bananas
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
Kids kitchen skills:
- knife & cutting board
- plastic wrap
- Slice bananas in quarters (crosswise and lengthwise), so two bananas make 8 pieces. (If the bananas are very large, you may want to cut into sixths, yielding 12 pieces for two bananas.)
- Spread a thick layer of peanut butter on half of the banana slices, and top with the remaining slices to make sandwiches.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for several hours.
- To serve, unwrap the plastic, and slice the frozen banana into 1/4 inch “ sushi wheels.” Enjoy!