Order’s up! Turn your kitchen into a breakfast cafe—and make personalized pancakes for everyone at the table. This recipe is almost as easy to make as the store-bought pancake mix, but it’s better for you and more fun to mix up. Try making letters, numbers, or shapes.
Fun Pancake Shapes: A Pancake Recipe for Kids
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
Kids kitchen skills:
- cracking eggs
- cooking on a griddle
- measuring spoons & cups
- 2 mixing bowls (1 small & 1 large)
- griddle or frying pan
- In a large bowl, mix the two kinds of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and melted butter.
- Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir until mixed.
- A grown-up can help heat a griddle or frying pan over medium-high. Melt a small pat of butter in the pan.
- Pour the batter into fun shapes or letters. Draw them by drizzling batter on the griddle with a spoon. Or put the batter into a plastic bag, snip off a corner, and squeeze out the letters and shapes. Cook the pancakes until you see small bubbles. Then flip and cook the second side.
- Serve with maple syrup!