Well, it wouldn’t be a party without Pigs in a Blanket! These classic, savory appetizers are definitely a dish you can count on. Ready-made puff pastry and cocktail sausages are quick and easy when you’re in a hurry. They also taste absolutely delicious together! Make this cozy dish at your next holiday party or any time you need a guaranteed crowd pleaser from Grandma’s kitchen.
Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 package puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 24 smoked cocktail sausages
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning (optional)
Kids kitchen skills:
- wrapping dough
- pizza cutter or knife
- measuring spoons
- baking sheet & parchment paper
- small bowl & brush
- oven mitts
- Heat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lay the thawed puff pastry on a clean work surface. Using a pizza cutter or a knife, carefully cut out 12 squares from each sheet for a total of 24.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons (or more if you like) of freshly grated parmesan cheese over the puff pastry squares.
- Place a mini sausage at an angle on each square and wrap the two corners of the puff pastry around the top, pinching the ends together to close.
- Place the pigs in a blanket seam-side up on the lined baking sheet.
- Brush each one with butter and sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan cheese and everything bagel seasoning, if using.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden and crispy.