- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- cream cheese filling: 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, ¼ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon vanilla , 1 egg, room temperature
Kids kitchen skills:
- making a filling
- loaf pan & spatula
- measuring cups & spoons
- mixing bowls
- Heat the oven to 350℉, grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl add oil, brown sugar, sugar, pumpkin purée, egg, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour two-thirds of the batter into the greased pan and spread into an even layer.
- In another bowl, whisk together cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla to make the filling. Whisk in egg until fully combined.
- Pour an even layer of cream cheese mix on top of the first layer of batter.
- Place the remaining pumpkin batter on top, covering the cream cheese filling.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool, and enjoy!