There’s something beautiful about seeing so many colors on a plate. Show off to everyone how fun and flavorful veggies can really be, and pull out this showstopper for the perfect autumn feast.
- 2 pounds tri-colored carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Kids kitchen skills:
- knife skills
- use of herbs
- oven safety
- measuring spoons
- baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place carrots on a baking sheet lined with foil, then add olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer with space in between. Roast for 35 minutes, or until they are lightly caramelized and can be easily pierced with a fork. Stir carrots halfway through roasting.
- Remove from oven and add melted butter, parsley, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Combine and let cool before serving.