Ho ho ho…get in the holiday spirit and decorate these adorable Santas. This recipe is easily doubled — the more, the merrier!
- 20 large strawberries
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese (8 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional decorations: mini chocolate chips
Kids kitchen skills:
- using a knife
- creative presentation
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- whisk or hand mixer
- piping bag or sandwich bag
- cutting board & knife
- In a bowl, add room-temperature cream cheese, and beat until it's smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, and set aside..
- Slice off the green stems from your strawberries to make Santa's base. Cut away the top third of the fruit to make Santa's hat.
- Transfer cream cheese filling to a piping bag with a star tip. Or, use a sandwich bag and snip off the corner to create your own piping bag.
- Squeeze cream cheese filling onto your strawberry base. Gently place Santa’s hat on top.
- Make a smaller cut in the other corner of your sandwich bag. Dot some filling on your strawberry tip for the hat, and pipe on Santa's buttons. Use mini chocolate chips for eyes. Repeat until you have a delightful row of Santa Clauses!