Ho ho ho…get in the holiday spirit and decorate these adorable Santas. This recipe is easily doubled — the more, the merrier!
- 20 large strawberries
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese (8 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional decorations (mini chocolate chips)
Kids kitchen skills:
- use of knife
- creative presentation
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- whisk or hand mixer
- piping bag or sandwich bag
- cutting board & knife
- In a bowl, add cream cheese that's been softened to room temperature. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Transfer cream cheese filling to a piping bag with a star tip. Alternatively, use a sandwich bag and snip off the corner to create your own piping bag.
- Slice off the green stems from your strawberries. Cut away the top third of the fruit. This will serve as Santa's face.
- Squeeze cream cheese filling onto your strawberry base. Gently place Santa’s face on top.
- Make a smaller cut in the other corner of your sandwich bag. Dot some filling on your strawberry tip to make a hat, and pipe on Santa's buttons. Use mini chocolate chips for eyes. Repeat until you have a delightful row of Santa Clauses!