When your kids are looking for a snack-activity before the big feast, let them get creative by assembling a turkey crudite. Make the spinach dip a day in advance to limit the kitchen activity on Turkey Day.
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and black pepper
- Veggie turkey dippers (such as bell peppers, cucumbers, asparagus, carrots, celery, black olives)
Kids kitchen skills:
- using a knife
- creative presentation
- cutting board & knife
- measuring spoons & cups
- garlic press
- mixing bowl or food processor
- Place the thawed spinach in a colander. Squeeze out the excess liquid. Then place it into a mixing bowl or a food processor.
- Mix the spinach, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in the bowl (or in a food processor) until smooth.
- Cut and arrange the veggie dippers in a turkey shape. Add a bowl of the spinach dip to the plate for the turkey face. Then add a pepper beak and olive eyes.