Dunk taquitos, chips, or fresh cut veggies in this tangy dipping sauce made from fiber-rich avocados and delicious small green fruits called tomatillos.
- 1 ripe avocado (pit and skin removed)
- 4 husked tomatillos (canned is OK if you can’t find fresh)
- ½ cup cilantro (optional)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 clove garlic, skin removed
- salt to taste
Kids kitchen skills:
- chopping board
- Husk tomatillos, roughly chop, then place in a blender.
- Add cilantro, water, and garlic to the blender.
- Pulse until chopped and combined.
- Add the avocado and a pinch of salt.
- Blend until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, mix in more water. Add salt to taste.