For a refreshing cool-off fruit drink, try this simple watermelon drink recipe for kids. Grown-ups can use a big, heavy chef's knife to cut the watermelon. You will have more than you need for one recipe so make watermelon balls with the rest for snacks.
Magic Watermelon Drink Recipe for Kids
2 to 4 Servings
- small seedless watermelon
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 cup ice
Kids kitchen skills:
- operating a blender
- using a melon baller
- measuring spoons
- cutting board
- hand-held juicer
- melon ball maker
- A grown-up should carefully cut the watermelon in half. Use the melon baller to scoop out the watermelon fruit until you have 2 cups of fruit.
- Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze one half on a juicer. Measure until you have 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Place the watermelon, lemon juice, ice, and sugar or honey into a blender. Blend for 3 minutes until it turns slushy.
- Pour into glasses. Make melon ball garnishes. Cut a slit with a picnic knife, then slip the melon ball on the rim.