Help your kids mix up a healthy, homemade ranch dressing made with Greek yogurt, fresh herbs, and garlic. At snack-time, they can take a dip with carrots, celery, and other veggies.
- 6-ounce container (2/3 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- A few sprigs each of fresh parsley and dill
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh veggies for dipping
Kids kitchen skills:
- using a garlic press
- snipping herbs with scissors
- medium-size bowl
- spoon or small whisk
- measuring spoons
- garlic press
- kitchen scissors
- Spoon the yogurt into a medium-size bowl. Add the vinegar and milk to the bowl. Stir with a spoon or a small whisk.
- Snip the parsley and dill with the kitchen scissors. Cut only the leaves — not the stems. Measure 1 tablespoon of each. Stir the herbs into the yogurt dip.
- Peel the garlic clove. Squeeze the handle over the bowl of yogurt and press out a little garlic. Stir well. You can add more garlic to taste.
- Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir it up and give it a taste test. Does it need more salt or pepper? Add a pinch more!
- Serve the dip with veggies on the side. Then cover the rest of the dip and refrigerate overnight. This will bring the flavors together even more!