Frozen “Sushi” Rolls Directions
• knife & cutting board
• plastic wrap
kids kitchen skills:
These simple frozen peanut butter–and-banana sandwiches make a delicious snack or healthy dessert. Pair protein-rich peanut butter with ripe bananas and let the freezer work its magic!
• 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1. Slice bananas in quarters (crosswise and lengthwise), so two bananas make 8 pieces. (If the bananas are very large, you may want to cut into sixths, yielding 12 pieces for two bananas.)
2. Spread a thick layer of peanut butter on half of the banana slices, and top with the remaining slices to make sandwiches.
3. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for several hours.
4. To serve, unwrap the plastic, and slice the frozen banana into 1/4 inch “ sushi wheels.” Enjoy!