Whether you’re gathering for a holiday or just a simple evening meal with the whole family, learning how to set the table right just makes dinner feel so much more special. But how do you do it? Where does everything go? Check out our handy guide for getting all your forks, knives, spoons and napkins laid out just right — and pick up some fun decorating tips to make this meal one to remember.
- Place the salad and dinner forks on top of the napkin, on the left side.
- Place the knife and then the spoon on the right side of your plate.
- Place the drinking glass just above the spoon.
- Follow our step-by-step instructions and learn how to fold napkins into beautiful shapes for your place settings!
- Let the kids help prepare the holiday table by filling in these handy name tags!
- Make your holiday table pop with a paper flower centerpiece!
Napkin Folding Fun
Dress up your place settings with impressive and easy-to-make silverware pockets! Follow our step-by-step guide below, so the whole family can dine in style.
- Place a folded square napkin on the diagonal, so it looks like a diamond.
- Pull one layer down so the corners touch.
- Now, flip the napkin over and fold in the sides so they overlap neatly.
- Turn the napkin back over and tuck in your silverware!